#therightseat Giveaway- Child Passenger Safety Week
Y’all know that I am passionate about car seat safety. So I’m super excited to bring you a giveaway to promote Child Passenger Safety Week! ! Here’s your opportunity to learn a little more about Child Passenger Safety and maybe win a $100 Amazon gift card! After you enter the giveaway, make sure you tell me in the comments what you’ll do with the money if you win! Good Luck!
I am sharing this post as part of a Bloggin’ Mamas Social Good Campaign, and was not compensated for doing so.
Bloggin’ Mamas is supporting the Ad Council and The Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) by sharing the word about Child Passenger Safety Week (September 13-19, 2015) and National Seat Check Saturday (September 19, 2015).
Did you know that motor vehicle crashes are a leading cause of death for children age 1 to 13 in the USA? In 2013, a child under 13 was involved in a crash every 33 seconds.
One of the goals of Child Passenger Safety Week is to encourage parents and caregivers to visit SaferCar.gov/TheRightSeat; to determine if their child is in the right seat for his or her age and size and to locate a car seat inspection event in their area. Additionally, parents and caregivers will be urged to register their child’s car seat with the manufacturer so as to be informed in the event of a recall.
Some Child Passenger Safety Tips:
- Find a car seat that fits your child. As children grow, how they sit in your car will change. Make sure the car seat you purchase is designed to fit your child’s current size and age and allows some room growth.
- Not all car seats fit in all vehicles so test the car seat you plan to buy to make sure it fits well in your vehicle.
- Before putting your child in a car seat, read the manufacturer’s instructions so you know how your car seat works and how to install it.
- All-in-One car seats offer you the advantage of using the same seat for the following positions: rear-facing, forward-facing with harness, then booster. These seats typically have higher height and weight limits for the rear-facing position, allowing you to keep your child rear-facing for a longer period of time, which physicians and safety experts strongly recommend.
Remember, the best car seat is the one that fits your child properly, is easy to use, fits in your vehicle correctly, and which you’ll use every time…
The information here can help you choose the right seat for your child. Keep in mind that:
- Your child under age 1 should always ride in a rear-facing car seat.
- Children ages 1-3 should be kept rear-facing as long as they fit the car seat.
- Keep your child in the back seat at least through age 12.
- Be certain you’ve installed your car seat correctly by having it checked at an inspection station or by a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. Bring the car seat instructions AND the vehicle owner’s manual with you to a seat check appointment!
Car Seat Installation Resources:
If a car seat is not installed correctly, your child’s safety could be compromised. Every car seat has different installation instructions. You can find resources and tips here to help you get “the right fit” on your car seats: http://www.safercar.gov/parents/RightFit.htm;
Free Car Seat Inspections: During Child Passenger Safety Week, there will be events across the country where Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians will inspect car seats and show parents and caregivers how to correctly install and use them. In most cases, this service is free of charge. Locate a car seat check event here: http://www.safercar.gov/cpsApp/cps/index.htm?;
Have more questions? Join the Child Passenger Safety Week Twitter Chat on 9/16/15 2p-3p EST. Follow @NHTSAgov and #therightseat.
To help you make sure your child has #therightseat, Bloggin’ Mamas is sponsoring this $100 Amazon Giftcard Giveaway!
Giveaway begins September 10th, 2015 at 12:01 am and ends September 24th, 2015 at 11:59 pm EST. Open to US residents age 18 and older.
Winner will be selected by Random.org and be notified by email. See Giveaway Tools widget below for full terms & conditions.
Disclosure: Starfish Confidential has not been compensated in any way for this post or giveaway and is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Bloggin’ Mamas is hosting this giveaway and coordinating prize fulfillment. Element Associates, The Ad Council and the NHTSA are in no way responsible for the giveaway, and only provided the above content to be distributed in the form of a PSA.