Some oral antihistamines, like Allegra (fexofenadine), Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Chlor-Trimeton (chlorpheniramine), Claritin (loratadine), and Zyrtec (cetirizine) appear to be safe after the first trimester, safe meaning they have caused no known harm in studies that have been done.
Can Claritin cause miscarriage?
Does taking loratadine during my pregnancy increase the chance of miscarriage? Miscarriage can occur in any pregnancy. A study of 161 women taking loratadine during the first trimester did not show any differences in the rates of miscarriage.
Can Claritin cause birth defects?
The allergy drug Claritin has been found not to cause the birth defect hypospadias. Claritin (loratadine) is a popular non-sedating antihistamine. Hypospadias is a relatively common congenital malformation (birth defect). It affects one boy in every one to two hundred born in the US.
What medications are safe during first trimester of pregnancy?
Which Medications Are Safe During Pregnancy?
- Safe to take: Regular and extra-strength Tylenol (acetaminophen)
- Safe to take: Metamucil, Colace, Citracel, Milk of Magnesia, Dulcolax.
- Safe to take: Tums, Maalox, Mylanta, Pepcid.
- Safe to take: Penicillin.
- Safe to take: Monistat, Gynelotrimin.
11 июн. 2015 г.
What should I avoid in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy?
These things should be avoided during the first trimester:
- strenuous exercise or strength training that could cause an injury to your stomach.
- caffeine (no more than one cup of coffee or tea per day)
- illegal drugs.
- raw fish or smoked seafood (no sushi)
8 нояб. 2017 г.
Which Claritin is safe for pregnancy?
Many allergy medications really aren’t safe to take during pregnancy. But loratadine (found in Claritin®) and cetirizine (found in Zyrtec® and Alleroff®) are two over-the-counter (OTC) antihistamine medications that doctors consider as being safe to use during pregnancy and while breastfeeding, Dr. Zanotti says.
Is Claritin 10 mg safe for pregnancy?
Many allergy drugs may be fine to keep taking during pregnancy, but have the discussion so you can have peace of mind. Oral antihistamines, like cetirizine (Zyrtec), chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton), diphenhydramine (Benadryl), fexofenadine (Allegra), and loratadine (Claritin) seem to be safe.
Do antihistamines cause birth defects?
Researchers found the evidence to be generally reassuring: most antihistamines do not appear to be linked to birth defects. However, researchers need to study certain antihistamine medications further to determine if they increase the risk for birth defects.
Which antihistamine is safe in pregnancy?
To conclude first generation antihistamines such as chlorpheniramine, hydroxyzine, and dexchlorpheniramine are the safest among antihistamines to be used in pregnancy.
Can I take Sudafed while pregnant?
Pseudoephedrine and phenylephrine are available over the counter as Sudafed and are safe for many women to use during pregnancy. However, women who have high blood pressure should not take pseudoephedrine without first talking to a doctor. The drug can raise blood pressure and can cause jitters and racing heartbeats.
What should I avoid during first trimester?
11 Foods and Beverages to Avoid During Pregnancy – What Not to Eat
- High mercury fish. Mercury is a highly toxic element. …
- Undercooked or raw fish. This one will be tough for you sushi fans, but it’s an important one. …
- Undercooked, raw, and processed meat. …
- Raw eggs. …
- Organ meat. …
- Caffeine. …
- Raw sprouts. …
- Unwashed produce.
What can I do to prevent miscarriage in first trimester?
However, you can improve your chances of a healthy pregnancy and possibly reduce your risk for miscarriage with these tips.
- Take folic acid. …
- Follow a healthy lifestyle. …
- Maintain a healthy weight. …
- Take precautions against infections. …
- Manage chronic conditions. …
- Practice safe sex.
22 мар. 2019 г.
Which painkiller is best in pregnancy?
- Acetaminophen. Acetaminophen, a nonsalicylate similar to aspirin in analgesic potency, has demonstrated efficacy and apparent safety at all stages of pregnancy in standard therapeutic doses. …
- Aspirin. …
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. …
Which trimester is the most critical?
The first trimester is the most critical time in your pregnancy. Although the fetus at the end of three months is only about 4 inches long and weighs less than 1 ounce, all of its functions have begun to form — major organs and nervous system, heartbeat, arms, fingers, legs, toes, hair, and buds for future teeth.
Which fruits should avoid during pregnancy?
Fruits to Avoid During Pregnancy Diet
- Papaya– It tops the list for obvious reasons. …
- Pineapple– These are also not recommended to the pregnant women as they contain certain enzymes that alters the texture of cervix which could induce premature contractions. …
- Grapes– Grapes aren’t recommended for consumption during the final trimester.
What should I be careful of in my first trimester?
A high body temperature can harm your baby, especially in the first weeks of your pregnancy. Limit sauna and hot tub use to less than 10 minutes. Exercise 150 Minutes a Week. With your doctor’s OK, do low-impact exercise like yoga, swimming, or walking for a half-hour most days.